We work with people who have experienced a disability, mental health or addiction issues or other significant barriers to employment and who are looking to move into employment and / or build their community connections.
Often employment, voluntary work or becoming more involved in the community can be a key factor in turning peoples lives around, resulting in dramatic positive change to their lives – how they see themselves and their future and enhance their overall well being.
We’re committed to helping people find the right role to suit their skills, experience and dreams – and helping them to keep it.
Our service is funded by the Ministry of Social Development (MSD) and is a free and confidential service for people using our service.
Just give us a call, email us or drop in and see how we can help you.
We provide support by:
- Supporting you into employment, volunteering, social/sporting activities or other community participation
- Encouraging you to think about the kind of job you want based on the things you really enjoy. We will work with you to develop and track the progress of an individual development plan based on your goals, dreams and aspirations and work with you to achieve these
- Determining barriers to employment and identify practical steps to finding a job
- Offering support as you prepare for and attend interviews
- Developing or updating a curriculum vitae (CV) and covering letters with you
- Supporting you to access relevant work experience
- Supporting you to further education or training
- Supporting you to transition from school to work
- Providing access to a computer at Supporting Families for you to work on your C.V., access employment sites and information, make job applications on line and upgrade your computer skills
We can help you to access services such as:
- Paid employment
- Worksites (such as TradeMe) via the Internet
- Volunteer Centres
- Employment workshops
- Career development and further education
- Training programmes
- Careers information
- Finding and applying for jobs
- Local Community Services
- Sports clubs, social and recreational clubs
We welcome self referrals. However Supporting Families also accepts referrals from community mental health providers, GPs, Work and Income, and other support services and agencies. Just give us a call, email us or drop in and see how we can help you.Download our Brochure